Valuation of Practice for
Purchase / Sale / Buy-in
Negotiation of Terms
Expert Witness & Litigation Support
If a sale or partial sale is contemplated, we will:
- analyze the market value
- along with you, determine an asking price
- market the practice
- screen responses
- negotiate the transaction with the buyer
- manage the development of all necessary documents (sales contract, covenant not to compete, promissory note, security agreement, etc.)
- guide the parties through the transaction, including explaining due diligence
- coordinate all escrow and legal services for the parties
- perhaps most importantly, we take the burden of the sales process off your shoulders so you can concentrate on your practice
The analysis of your practice to determine its value in the marketplace is performed by our affiliate Practice & Liability Consultants, LLC, and is to be paid for in advance. The fee for this appraisal will be between $3,000 and $5,000 depending on the complexity of the task.
Once the appraisal is completed, all of the other services are included in one brokerage fee, which is paid at close of escrow. There are no other up-front fees and no hourly billings.
Do you already have a buyer lined-up? This is not uncommon. Most of the same services are still needed to assure a successful and binding transaction; but marketing, screening, and price-negotiation are not required, so we offer a discount in these situations.
If you are interested in buying a practice, we will:
- analyze the value of the target practice(s)
- along with you, develop the offer parameters
- negotiate the transaction with the seller's representative
- coordinate escrow and legal services as needed
International Business Brokers Association
California Association of Business Brokers
Certified Business Broker
for Business Brokerage Press
Frequently Asked Questions about Brokerage.
11 Canary Court
Danville, CA 94526-4963
Practice & Liability Consultants, LLC
461 Second Street, Suite C-229
San Francisco, CA 94107